Niku X is looking for a skilled and experienced butcher. The butcher/meat cutter positions are one of the most important positions we have in executing accurate prep with consistency and quality control to ensure that every guest has a memorable meal. As a butcher, you will be executing the portioning and breaking down sub-primals into various cuts of meat.
- Ability to communicate verbal and written English with management and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- All cutting techniques which are required.
- All menu and special items, their preparation method/time, all ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
- Correct maintenance and use of food serving and preparation equipment.
- 2 years experience as a butcher.
- Food Handlers Card
- Yakiniku (Japanese BBQ) experience is a plus
- High School graduate.
- Any previous culinary training.
- Certification in sanitation requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sharpen and adjust cutting equipment
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery
- Cut, bone, or grind pieces of meat
- Weigh, wrap, and display cuts of meat
- Cut or prepare meats to specification or customer’s orders
- Store meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature
- Keep inventory of meat sales and order meat supplies
- Twice daily checking of dry age room humidity and room temperature
- Rotation of dry aged products and detailed logging of product
- Logging of weights of product along with tracking of waste and portioning
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards:
- Complete opening and closing duties as assigned, including the following:
- Set up the physical aspect of the station.
- Make a preparation list of necessary food items.
- Requisition all listed food items and transport from walk-in, etc. to assigned station.
- Check the quality and quantity of all stock and supplies.
- Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station.
- Follow the supervisor’s instructions.
- Follow the maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Alert Chef or Sous Chef as to any deficiencies of food items.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Ability to understand coworkers’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to co-workers.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble food preparation and cooking equipment to restaurant standards.
- Ability to comprehend food orders.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate co-workers and supervisors in sometimes tense, emotional situations.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid training
- Paid vacation and time off
- Team member discount
Starting at $22 / hour plus tips