Posted 10 months ago
As a host person, you’ll be the conductor of the orchestra that is in service. Host/Hostess are the first/last impression of the restaurant and set the tone for clients’ experiences. Host/Hostess will answer phones, take reservations, and be responsible for seating clients’ according to availability. Host/Hostess will be demonstrating genuine hospitality service. Communication is critically important and is key to success. Host/Hostess are also the last note of the dining experience, and will wish guests farewell and invite them to come back. Must be presentable, personable and friendly.
- Greet all guests with a smile upon arrival and deliver exceptional services by providing knowledge of all company backgrounds, restaurants specialty/specials and promotions/events.
- Seat guests and accommodate special requests.
- Manage the wait list: record guest names and number in party, and provide estimated waiting time
- Answer phones with professional telephone etiquette and manage the restaurant reservation system accordingly
- Inspect tables for proper presentation and completeness
- Maintain a clear, energetic and a positive attitude towards Clients and all Co-workers
- High school diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have a minimum 2 years experience working in a high volume and upscale restaurant
- Knowledge of Asian cuisine or a Barbecue style menu is preferred.
- Friendly, professional attitude and demonstrates excellent communication skills.