Niku X is looking for a professional and experienced prep cook to join our team. As prep cook, you will be working in conjunction with the entire culinary team.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a high volume and or fine dining operation.
- Friendly, professional attitude and demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high volume and polished restaurant
- Knowledge of food, culinary techniques and current industry trends.
- Previous working experience at well established, high end/high volume restaurants preferred
- All required certifications for the state of California
- Ability to read and follow precise recipes
- Mise en place for daily service
- Working with chefs and servers to ensure that orders are completed timely and accurately
- Cleaning the kitchen, equipment and organizing at the of each shift
- Ensuring that the kitchen operation procedures and hygiene meet food safety standards and regulations
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid training
- Paid vacation and time off
- Team member discount
$20-$25 / hour