Posted 10 months ago
Niku X is looking for a professional and experienced Sous Chef to join our team. As Sous Chef, you will be working directly with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef to oversee every aspect of the back of the house operations, including hiring staff, menu development, purchasing, and managing BOH team members.
- High school diploma or Equivalent. Culinary degree not required but a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a high volume and or fine dining operation with at least 1 year in a management role.
- Friendly, professional attitude and demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high volume and polished restaurant
- Extensive knowledge of food, culinary techniques and current industry trends.
- Previous working experience at well established, high end/high volume restaurants preferred
- All required certifications for the state of California
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ensuring guest and team member satisfaction
- Manage daily restaurant operations and provide assistants with menu developing, maintains sanitation standards and assists team members on the floor during operation period
- Handling team members questions or concerns
- Provides feedback to team members based on observation of service behaviors
- Conduct team member meetings for efficient communication
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s cleaning/preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and labor cost goals are met
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Maintain inventory of all needed supplies
- Develop team members training program needed to accomplish the goal
- Supervises and manages employees
- Understands employee positions well enough to provide an assistance in employees’ absence
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Plan out detailed goals and prioritize, organize, and accomplish
- Provide a strong leadership, vision, and direction to build teamwork and organize the departmental goals
- Resolves guest problems and complaints
- Provide corrective actions as needed to improve and assist team members’ performance
- Conducting Human Resource tasks
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid training
- Paid vacation and time off
- Team member discount
55k-70k / year (Base Salary + Monthly Bonus+ Quarterly Bonus)